A history of traditions
For more than 90 years, STEF has been present in Switzerland to serve its industrial customers in the food industry, retailers and supermarket platforms in order to guarantee the quality and food safety of their products. A lasting anchor!
- 1936The company expands by merger to become the Société de Gares Frigorifiques, Ports Francs et Glacières de Genève. But after 40 years of activity, Montbrillant's warehouses became too small and its access was made difficult by traffic in the city.
- 1976In order to better serve French-speaking Switzerland, SGF is opening a new 16,000 m2 warehouse in Bussigny-près de Lausanne, at the heart of the motorway's network.
- 1985SGF acquires its first refrigerated trucks.
- 2009After having tripled the storage capacity of the Bussigny site and started a positive controlled temperature activity, SGF integrated definitively the STEF Group.
- 2018STEF strengthens its presence in German-speaking Switzerland with the opening of the Kölliken site in the canton of Aargau. With 8,500 m2 of fresh and frozen cells, this new warehouse combines the latest advances in terms of refrigeration production, insulation and energy savings to serve the Group's Swiss and European customers
- 2020In 2020, on the occasion of its centenary, STEF celebrated 100 years of travelling to the heart of flavours.
- 2022On 29 June 2022, STEF completes the acquisition of Frigosuisse in German-speaking Switzerland.